Sunday, August 5, 2012

In my ongoing attempts to avoid my chores

I've decided that I might, possibly, could be talked into the following:

Preface (cause I talk too much, so I need structure) I have eleventy billion, six hundred fifty thousand squintillion dvd's.* Mostly belly dance related, although I have a bunch of work out ones as well.

Issue 1: Many of them are still in their shrink wrapping, cause that's a lot of dvds.**

Issue 2: I'm a little lazy and need structure***

Idea: I'm thinking about doing an instructional(s) dvd monthly. One on drilling, and another choreography. At the end of the month, if it doesn't violate copyright, I like it, I'm not feeling fat and can tolerate the look of it on video, time allowing, the stars align AND I have chocolate, uploading a clip of the choreography with a review of both dvd's and whether the drilling / training or impeded the execution of the choreography.****

Need: people nagging me. that's pretty much all YOU'D have to do. *****

What do you think? Interesting? or a flop? How about bets on whether I can do it or not?

IF you think it's a go, this August's will be Karen Barbee's "Belly Dance Drillz and Intermediate Variations", for drills obviously (slightly cheating since I've done this already, but then again, it's the 5th) and Jillina's Bellydance with Jillina, Vol. I, Entrance Choreography.

I probably have enough dvd's do this for a few years, so think carefully :-D

*this may be an exaggeration. I'm not gonna count them, however
** that's NOT an exaggeration.
*** see preface
****whew!
***** Oh, and read the posts AND ask questions.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's nice to discover your blog (through Rosey Bhuz's status update). I also have a bazillion DVDs -- also mostly bd, with some, well, many, workout and other dance -- most of which I haven't worked with. I'm always looking for ways to plan how to use them, motivate myself, etc. In fact, my whole blog exists so that I can get myself using the DVDs. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out for you!

    ReplyDelete